Posted on February 11 2017 by Rod Lloyd
Good day, all. I hope you ready to participate in Zelda Informer’s Photoshop Contest during this nice, bright weekend. Valentine’s Day is almost here, and no doubt many couples are heading out in the next day or two to share a nice time together. Meanwhile, there are just as many hopeless romantics just hoping the lover of their dreams will sweep them away this weekend. When it comes to hopeless romantics in the Zelda universe, one name pops to mind: Peatrice, Link’s potential love interest in Skyward Sword. Link might just be busy adventuring this Valentine’s Day, but we’re going to help give Peatrice a dream date anyway.
Last Week’s Contest: Breath of the Wild Story Predictions
The story of Breath of the Wild is still shrouded in mystery, so we asked artists to share their predictions for the tale last week.
This Week’s Contest: Give Peatrice a Valentine’s Date
Love is in the air with Valentine’s Day only a mere three days away. Lovers of all kinds are probably taking their significant others out this weekend. Heck, my girlfriend and I are leaving for a date right after this contest posts. But for all the couples out there having a fun time, some people are not so lucky to have date this V-Day. In fact, Peatrice from Skyward Sword is probably wishing she had someone to take her out right this second.
The contest this week is to show Peatrice from Skyward Sword on a date with someone other than Link. Maybe she’s being taken out by another character from the Zelda series, no matter likelihood. Or perhaps some real-world heartthrob is ready to sweep her off her feet. Whatever you decide, you can use the images in our gallery to start and anything you find on the ‘net from there.
General Rules: Submit your entries in the comments section below.
- To save images from the gallery, right click the image in the gallery (without opening the image in lightbox) and select open image in new tab. Right click and save!
- Photoshop is not required to enter the contest. Any image manipulation software can be used to create your entry.
- Some hand-drawn fan art is okay, but your entry must include some image manipulation to be considered.
- If you use another fan’s original assets or likeness, please try to give them credit.
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Informer. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Deadline: Submit entries no later than Thursday at midnight: 11:59 p.m. PST on February 16. Entries submitted after this Deadline will not be considered.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!
For those that who want to test their skills with something more challenging, we have a few Challenge Rules for you to follow:
1. Your entry must include a Deku Flower.
2. Your entry must include a packet of Toblerone chocolate.