Posted on May 21 2014 by Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
Yesterday we had a few sparing details about the new Hyrule Warriors feature from Famitsu magazine, but today the feature has been fully translated and we have a ton of brand new details, along with some clarification on some of yesterdays details. Some of this would be considered minor spoilers. We now have the complete scans available right here. We have now also learned so major spoilers for Shia, and what exactly her role is.
- August 14th
- Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
- Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
- Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
- Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
- Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
- 2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
- Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
- Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
- Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
- Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
- Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
- Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
- Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
- Playable at E3.
- Development is 70% complete.
Some great stuff here, along with some interesting details. Such as the fact the game is only 70% complete, and that Impa is a captain of the Royal Army. I'm loving it the more I hear and see.