News of the next entry in the hit Super Smash Bros. series has been slow since it began development earlier this year. But today, a user by the name of “Halibuton” has appeared on GameFAQs, claiming to work in Namco’s PR firm. His thread shares with us a slew of details on the upcoming game that he claims to have heard here and there throughout his work. It should be noted that there is no way to verify the legitimacy of this source, and these rumors should be taken as nothing more. Prepare a truckload of salt before reading this, because you’re going to need more than a few grains.
- A Nintendo Direct feed is coming on January 31st, the anniversary of Brawl‘s JP release.
- Little Mac and Takamaru were two of the first newcomers chosen, representing the East and the West.
- K. Rool will be playable, featuring a redesign of the character put forth by Retro Studios. (Could a new Donkey Kong Country be on the way?)
- Ridley will be playable, featuring his “evolution” from Other M. He and K. Rool were chosen due to high demand.
- Shulk, Ghirahim, and Dillon (Dillon’s Rolling Western) are planned to be included in the roster, but these decisions are not finalized
- Platinum Games wants to include a character, but no decisions have been made yet. Characters from The Wonderful 101 look more likely than Bayonetta.
- A new Yoshi character to be introduced will be playable, likely to originate from Yoshi Land Wii U.
- Starship Mario, Pushmo Park, Cookie Country (Kirby’s Return to Dream Land), and Giant Chasm (Pokémon Black and White Versions 2) will all be featured stages.
This “leak” follows the usual formula: Include one or two small surprises, but keep everything completely believable. Nothing in here really stands out as too much of a stretch from reality, lending a hand to its believability. However, information like this is just as easy to fake as it is to hear, so don’t expect anything just yet. We’ll have to wait for some more official news before anything this guy says can be trusted.
No tags were found for this entry.